Thursday, April 3, 2008

Waiting...

Why do we always seem to wait on things? Sure, there are some out there that are always gung-ho and running from A to B, but for the most part it seems that waiting is the norm... We wait for better weather, we wait for a pay raise, we wait for the right time or circumstances.

I suppose it's easier to wait. I know I'm less stressed if I wait on things to come along. (Isn't that like going with the flow?) But sometimes, you just can't seem to wait. The waiting itself causes stress and makes time slow down. (Christmas morning, mail order items, a visit from a friend or relative, etc) I'm not saying it's bad to wait, but I do think that too much waiting is a bad thing.

There are times when you need to just stop waiting and take action. Waiting for things to get better in your life, waiting for that last pound to drop. These are things that you can help along. I hear people say all the time, 'If only...' or 'I wish...' that's bad waiting in my book.

I'm kind of a laid back person. I like to hang out, enjoy my time and pretty much take things as they come unless there is something I want or need. Then I act. At this point, you're probably saying that you do too, right? But do you really? I know sometimes I think I'm acting, but in reality, I just changed the parameters or my waiting. My mom used to tell me when I was growing up, "If it is to be, it's up to me". I love that little phrase, but as life moves on I find that I don't follow it as often as I think I do. It's easy to fool yourself into thinking that the things you are doing are proactive and not reactive.

It might be age or experience, maybe just plain old "meh", I don't really know. I just know that it's there and it's real. I do think however, if we as a people, took a more active role in getting what we want or making our lives into the way we want them, there would be a whole lot less whining in the world.

So, what does all the above mean? To you? To me? Dunno, lol but it was what I was thinking about this morning and I'm sure I'll be pondering on it all day long...

Hope you will too!

No comments: