Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gotta Love Changes!!

You just gotta!! LMAO! K, changes with Bertha...

She's running well now, got the carb adjusted for a decent idle, but still need to check the air mixture. First though, gotta check the crankcase breather for obstructions. Should also wire in an ignition switch (so I don't have to worry about the jumpers falling off!). After that, will change the oil and filter and replace the front tire. (sigh) Yeah, lots of tread, but dry rot got it. Going back to the mag wheel I think instead of the spoke wheel, which never really went with the bike anyway. THEN I'll check the brakes, ride her up to the shop and change the oil again, (of course, the ride to the shop will be fairly circuitous!!) lol Then we see what we see... BUT, she's coming along just fine and should be back for the season.

Ran into an old Kliens friend the other day. Eva was looking fine as always but seemed more relaxed since she left the salt mill. She seems to like her new job and I wish her the best, as I wish the best for all my peeps at Kliens...

Looking at a new short term part time gig with one of my new friends. It's a go, just gotta have some clear weather to get rolling. That will actually be fun I think, we'll see! lol If nothing else, I'll get a fine workout!

Attitude changes are the best though! (evil grin) I've had another of those and I'm not gonna take any crap from this one individual any longer... I think he's getting the drift already, but we'll see. I just don't have the time or the inclination to play silly power games or phone games with someone that is ill equipped to play. I mean come on, you gotta have something the other wants or be in a position of power to start with in order to play these games correctly! lol I've been around too long to fall for the crap. (I did put up with it for a while, but it's boring and kinda sad at the same time...) So, we'll see where that leads me. lol

The season is changing, but slowly. I don't think it wants to let go of the cold. The rain is good though, maybe no drought this year, but I'm getting impatient waiting for the extended warmth.

K, 'nough changes for now. Got things to do, people to see... lol

Cya

2 comments:

Fran said...

Well, I WAS going to say, after reading that first paragraph, that you might as well be speaking in Chinese, but then... then I saw the name Eva. So she's looking fine? And who exactly is this Eva person and why hadn't I heard that name before? Hmmm?

Ew, people are gonna think I'm one of, you know, Those. Lol!

Rick said...

LMAO!! Naaaahhhhh people would never think that, or maybe they would, but just the ones that don't know ya! You remember Eva, she was one of the "cool people" at the store, would bring me tags and stuff when I needed them. Yeah, her... Still gotta figure out Bertha's new name though... I'm workin on it!! xo