Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why is it...

Why is it that people say one thing but mean another? I'm not talking about normal run of the mill people that you meet and interact with. That's a given. No, I'm talking about people that you've become friends with either at work or not. People with which you've grown to a point that you can confide in them, know them and understand one another with just the briefest of statements. Talking about friends.

It's amazing the number and degrees involved in the "friendship" circles. Close friends, best friends, friends, friends friends and more... it's dizzying and can get confusing. I may be at a disadvantage in this game of friendship as I tend to not make friends, (well close friends - see what I mean?) very easily. I have no problem with work friends, acquaintance friends, friends, friends friends, etc. It seems to be the close friends and best friends areas that tend to mess me up.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I'm the one with the twisted sensibilities and uncommon levels of what, dunno. See to me, I'm normal. I know, right?! Well, that's to be expected. It's just the way it is, we all see normal as a reflection of ourselves. I can even recognize that and in most cases don't have a problem with it. It's just when a friend moves from the good friend alignment to the close or best friend alignment that it becomes an issue.

BTW, how does that happen? It's a mutual thing right? I mean you can't just move someone from one alignment to another without their consent can you? I guess you could, but then they really wouldn't know, would they? And with that in mind, do they need to be told, or is it just an understood kind of thing? lol

So what was I saying? Oh yeah, why do people say one thing and mean another? Is it a using type thing? Do best friends and close friends do this normally? Or is it reserved for the "other" alignments of friends? (shrug) Dunno... I always like people to know where I stand, so I tend to tell them and even with all the different levels of friends, I am more of a 'this is the way it is' kind of person. So, yeah, maybe it is me. Again, Dunno...

No comments: