Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh that?

Yeah, that's my WJ, bought it just the other week. I've always wanted a jeep, particularly a Cherokee. I went to see a Cherokee, having passed up probably the best XJ I'd ever see for the money and it was kind of a piece of crap, but then again, they only wanted a couple grand for it. Well they wanted to unload it and at first denied that they had a Grand Cherokee on the lot. lol Told me it was a Kia... NOT! It was a slightly newer Grand Cherokee Laredo.

Well, as soon as I saw it I knew that was the one that I'd been waiting for. Took it for a test drive and it was the shit!! Went back and told him I'd take it. They were going to finance it for me, but being Christmas Eve, there were all kinds of delays for this, the systems down for that, etc. I just looked over at Fran and she nodded her head. I threw the credit card down on the desk and he said how much are you putting down? I said 'nothing', pay for the whole thing. (Now this card has been around for the last what 20 years? so has quite the credit line! lol) He didn't look pleased or convinced, but after about 45 seconds when the approval was immediate, he was very happy. We were out of there within a quarter hour and went and got noods!!

WooHoo and that's how I got my jeep... Oh and the reasoning (you always need a valid reason, right?) was that it would insure that I could make it to work in the worst weather! Well that reasoning works equally well for me as it does for Fran. We picked up her 2010 JK (Wrangler) the very next week! Ha

Cool right?! Yeah, I think so.

R

No comments: